Sunday, September 26, 2004

The Big One

A colleague of mine from the east coast expressed great concern for the safety of California in general and my office in specific. He was worried that “The Big One”™, earthquake that is, might hit California very soon. He had compiled a lot of data and quoted the latest theories on earthquake prediction. I find it interesting that people on the east coast are MUCH MORE concerned about earthquakes than people on the west coast. Maybe were just use to them.

1 Comments:

Blogger LisaPal said...

I could spend all day exploring places like the USGS site. I'm still a science junkie who is interested in EVERYTHING and you have so much neat stuff on this blog!

The Bay Area is the closest thing I have to a second home. I've spent more time there than anywhere else in the world. I have had more formative and life-altering moments there than anywhere else on earth (for example, got married there, conceived second child there...) S.F. is a lot like N.O in some ways and now I can amuse myself by checking out the seismic activity that I don't have to worry about here. I did experience a 4.3 there once, but that's it. (I'm not complaining!)

Thanks again, Richard, for such a great blog!

9/28/2004 10:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home