Monday, August 29, 2005

Disaster Relief

The American Red Cross, the site of this "emergency response organization" contains news, press releases, FAQs, and information on disaster preparedness, post-disaster dangers, giving blood, services for military members and families, and more.

Federal Emergency Management Agency, this government agency has current disaster news, storm watches, disaster assistance, mitigation, preparedness, flood insurance, and photographs and video clips of disasters. The library has a "Response and Recovery" section, information on animals in emergencies, and disaster summary maps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Richard,
not sure if you're interested but there is a wikipedia entry for Hurricane Katrina that has already amassed quite a bit of info.

I will pass it along, if you haven't already seen it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane Katrina#External links and sources

9/02/2005 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Thank you. I did see it, its a fantastic write up, I love wikipedia it is almost a bible for me. I posted it and a bunch of other resources and news articles at my other blog Electronic Ephemera which is where I post more of the timely, quirky, interesting stuff. You should check it out it's where I link the articles that set my blood boiling about the fanatical evangelicals that have taken over and placed an idiot in the white house. Oh, and a bunch of other stuff too.

9/03/2005 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home